ASUS ZenWatch 3 – Great Build Quality
Asus might not be among the top brands in the smartphone industry, but that’s not the same case when it comes to producing quality smartwatches that it has been bringing on the market in the recent years.
- ZenWatch smartwatch series remains one of my favorite watch series, and it’s because of what the smartwatch offers. The smartwatch looks good, part of the reason why I fell in love with ZenWatch 3. Asus is among the very few smartwatch manufacturers that focus more on producing future-centered products more than just simplicity. Therefore, the company uses quality hardware to manufacturer their smartwatches.
- The ZenWatch 3 is among the few smartwatches on the market with an almost bezel-less design. This is again another proof of how the manufacturer is preparing the watch consumers for the future. This smartwatch comes will all features that every watch lover would expect from a modern smartwatch, not forgetting its comfort when wearing it.
- The smartwatch has just the right weight without overdoing anything. ZenWatch 3 also comes with an excellent display that is beautiful, big and bright not forgetting the AM OLED screen that makes it even far way better. These features make ZenWatch 3 to be counted amongst the best smartwatches with the best displays on the market.
- On the other hand, ZenWatch 3 is also one of the few smartwatches that are made with quality materials. Asus has used 316L steel in the construction of this smartwatch. Although these might not make a lot of sense to many people, in simple words, the watch is made of jewelry grade steel.
- ZenWatch 3 face is covered with a 2.5D corning Gorilla Glass, which makes it resistant to scuff marks and scratches. In case you need more protection, Asus also sales the smartwatch protectors.
- In terms of battery, Asus ZenWatch 3 has an impressive or decent battery life that will serve you for a couple of days. From my testing, the watch was able to last for at least 1.5 to 2 days. In my opinion, that’s an impressive battery timing that you can expect from a quality smartwatch.
Asus ZenWatch 3 is also fitted with all primary smartwatch features such as fitness trackers and various sensors that you might need. Although this is one of the best smartwatches on the market today, I wish to express my little disappointments more so the lack of polished fitness tracking system.
Am not saying that you can’t track your fitness with this ZenWatch 3, it’s only that the feature is not as deep as you can get it in other modern smartwatches on the market. That’s why I am still wondering if Asus was targeting users who don’t want to track their fitness with this ZenWatch 3 or those who have no issue with it.
I also have an issue with the smartwatch charging dock, which feels cheap and Asus is known for manufacturing some of the best electronic products on the market today. Their computer products are proof of their quality products.
Sadly, the company didn’t pay so much attention in creating high-quality ZenWatch 3 accessories. The watch is excellent and durable, but unfortunately, the charging dock doesn’t have the same quality.
Asus ZenWatch 3 can be said to be a mixture of things. There are great parts that we can list, such as good battery life, premium screen, excellent design, and quality construction material. Equally, I can also talk of the unimpressive fitness tracking feature and the low-quality charging dock. However, if you have no problem with the areas of concern, then Asus ZenWatch 3 makes an excellent choice for you, and it’s among the best smartwatches on the market today.